Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mirror mirror

The expression on my face right now is a mix between the 'sheer-puzzlement-half-smile' and the 'oh-really-left-eyebrow-raise'. Put them together and you get the look that's on my face a WHOLE LOT these days.

What brought about the wild-dance-of-the-facial-muscles today, was a chance encounter. In the ladies' room. The room which has recently been divested of its' full length mirror.

No, the WDoTFM was NOT due to the disappearing mirror, but because I was apparently the reason it went AWOL. Or so I was informed. By psycho-short-haired-girl-in-the-art-department (who will henceforth be referred to as psycho-arty).

Now psycho-arty, has, on many occasions*, witnessed the ongoing battle between The Haircut and I. The Haircut, which insists on adapting an uncanny resemblance to roadkill, and I, who refuse to look like I've been crowned with the remains of a road accident. This battle, it may be noted, takes place ONLY in front of the SMALL mirror in the ladies' room, because that's the only time I see what vile conspiracies The Haircut has been hatching behind my unknowing back (or above my unseeing scalp if you're a stickler for precise phraseology, in which case, boo to you).

Previous ladies' room encounters with psycho-arty have usually been on these lines:
1. Me - Flustered but trying hard to ignore psycho-arty staring at me in the SMALL mirror.
Psycho-arty - mMMmm! EddMiring!! *with smug-I-know-it-all-look*

2. Me - Flustered but trying hard to ignore psycho-arty staring at me in the SMALL mirror.
Psycho-arty - mMMmm! NaarSeesis!!

And then, today:

Me - Flustered but trying hard to ignore psycho-arty staring at me in the SMALL mirror.
Psycho-arty - See? They took out the mirror because of YOU!


So yes, I've got that face on again.


*Yes, the ladies' room is the ONLY place these close-encounters-of-the-psycho-kind take place. I have NEVER, actually seen her around office. Maybe she's not real. Maybe she's like Moaning Myrtle. At least that way it makes some sense.

1 comment:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

That psycho arty has a strange accent. Maybe she is not from our planet and therefore does not understand why one must inspect and/or battle the roadkill?